Re: [Exim] Quick newbie question - upgrade from 4.10

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Quick newbie question - upgrade from 4.10
On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 19:46, Marcelo Moreira wrote:
> The question is: 4.11 is out there. I downloaded and compiled it. What is
> the best way to test it and to replace the 4.10 with the 4.11. I see a lot
> of instructions on upgrading version 3 to 4, but not within 4. Is it so
> simple as just installing and SIGHUP the daemon ?

Basically yes - a point release is normally fully backward compatible.
In general check the release notes and if nothing specific is said you
can just install the new exim in place of the old one (although you need
to make sure that the compile options are the same - ie locations of
configs/spools etc).

> Also, if I do not have any messages in the spool, is it safe to delete the
> spool and have the new daemon recreate it, so it can begin fresh, or is
> there no real advantage in doing it (as far as reusing or not the hints db)
> ?

Theres no advantage in doing so. You can (and possibly should) blow the
hints databases away without any precautions needing to be taken.

    Nigel.