Re: [Exim] more 4.11 problems :-/

Author: Rick Ennis
To: Exim-users, Nico Erfurth
Subject: Re: [Exim] more 4.11 problems :-/
> 2002-12-12 20:01:10 SMTP call from another.host [111.222.111.222]
> dropped: too many nonmail commands
> Due to a line-problem at my provider today he spooled some mails for me.

Are you using TLS between your server and your backup? In the case of
multiple messages going down the same TLS connection, is exim still shutting
down TLS and reinitializing it for each message? Each STARTTLS command
counts as a non-mail command. So that might be the bug. I can't search the
archives at the moment (web server error) but I found this in my mailbox...

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Exim isn't designed to handle this gracefully. I didn't know about TLS
> back in 1995. When Exim has sent a message to a host and notices that it
> has another message for the same host that failed previously, it starts
> a new delivery process in order to deliver the second message, passing
> it the connected TCP/IP socket.[*] However, because it re-executes Exim,

it

--
Rick Ennis