[Exim] Basic teergrubing with Exim 4.11 (Version 2)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
Para: Exim users list
Asunto: [Exim] Basic teergrubing with Exim 4.11 (Version 2)
OK, I found a major flaw in my previous teergrubing setup... The new
"delay" modifier takes effect as soon as it is processed, not after the
remaining conditions in the ACL entry are processed. For some reason I
thought it was handled like message/log_message and got done after the
whole ACL entry was completed... oh well, misread of the documentation
on my part.

So, here is what I am now using (with gratuitous line wraps added by
Mozilla at no extra charge):

acl_check_connect:
   accept  hosts            = 127.0.0.1 : +website_mail_hosts :
+skip_rbl_hosts : +local_hosts :
   accept  log_message      = Teergrube: Blacklisted CONNECT
           dnslists         = BLACKLISTS
      delay            = 30s
   accept

acl_check_mail:
   accept  hosts            = 127.0.0.1 : +website_mail_hosts :
+skip_rbl_hosts : +local_hosts :
   accept  log_message      = Teergrube: Blacklisted MAIL FROM:
           dnslists         = BLACKLISTS
      delay            = 30s
   accept

These two insert some artificial delays very early in the SMTP
connection for blacklisted hosts.

acl_check_rcpt:
   deny    log_message      = Teergrube: Multiple unknown users
($rcpt_fail_count)
           message          = unknown user
           domains          = +local_domains
           condition        = ${if >{$rcpt_fail_count}{0} {1}{0}}
      ! verify         = recipient
           delay            = ${eval:30*$rcpt_fail_count}s
   deny    message          = unknown user
           domains          = +local_domains
           ! verify         = recipient

Add ever-increasing delays for hosts trying dictionary attacks against a
local domain.

acl_check_rcpt: (continued)
   deny    log_message      = Teergrube: Blacklisted RCPT TO:
           message          = RBL: $sender_host_address,
$dnslist_domain, $dnslist_value, $dnslist_text
           ! hosts          = 127.0.0.1 : +website_mail_hosts :
+skip_rbl_hosts : +local_hosts :
           dnslists         = BLACKLISTS
           delay            = ${eval:30*$rcpt_count}s
   deny    log_message      = Teergrube: Sender verification failure
           message          = invalid sender
           ! hosts          = 127.0.0.1 : +website_mail_hosts :
           ! sender_domains = +callout_no_cache_domains :
+no_callout_domains
           ! verify         = sender/callout=60s
           delay            = 30s
   deny    log_message      = Teergrube: Invalid null sender usage
           message          = invalid use of null sender
           senders          = :
           condition        = ${if >{$rcpt_count}{1} {1}{0}}
           delay            = 30s

Add delays for various other stuff (sender verification failures,
multiple recipient null-sender usage, blacklisted hosts).

acl_check_data:
   deny    log_message       = Teergrube: Hotmail forgery
           message           = X-Forgery: NOT HOTMAIL SERVER
           sender_domains    = hotmail.com
           condition         = ${if def:header_X-Originating-IP: {0}{1}}
           delay             = 30s
   deny    log_message       = Teergrube: AOL forgery
           message           = X-Forgery: NOT AOL ADDRESS
      senders           = \N^\d.*@aol\.com$\N
           delay             = 30s
   deny    log_message       = Teergrube: AOL forgery
           message           = X-Forgery: NOT AOL MAILER
           sender_domains    = aol.com
      condition         = ${if match {${lc:$h_X-Mailer:}} {(a(?:ol|tlas))}
{0}{1}}
           delay             = 30s
   deny    log_message       = Teergrube: AOL forgery
           message           = X-Forgery: NOT AOL SERVER
           sender_domains    = aol.com
      condition         = ${if match {${lc:$h_Received:}} {by.*aol\.com}
{0}{1}}
           delay             = 30s
   deny    log_message       = Teergrube: Yahoo forgery
           message           = X-Forgery: NOT YAHOO SERVER
           sender_domains    = yahoo.com
      condition         = ${if match {$h_Received:}
{(yahoo.com.via.(?:HTTP|NNFMP))} {0}{1}}
           delay             = 30s

Delays for the infamous Hotmail/AOL/Yahoo forgers...

The only problem I've found so far is that in acl_smtp_connect and
acl_smtp_mail I'm adding delays without denying the connection. Because
there is no denial, log_message never takes effect. I think it might be
good if log_message sent the configured message to the log on _either_ a
denial or a forced delay, but of course only send it one time if a
particular ACL entry causes both a delay and a denial.