[Exim] Quick newbie question - upgrade from 4.10

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marcelo Moreira
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Quick newbie question - upgrade from 4.10
I just installed Exim 4.10 + exiscan a month ago. The server is working
perfectly and is already on a "almost in production" state. I cant really
mess too much with it, since I have now a significant number of users doing
beta testing (in fact, most are using it for day-by-day operation, since
they liked it so much). Also, management wants to put in production soon
(maybe this weekend), as they are very happy with the performance and
features.

The question is: 4.11 is out there. I downloaded and compiled it. What is
the best way to test it and to replace the 4.10 with the 4.11. I see a lot
of instructions on upgrading version 3 to 4, but not within 4. Is it so
simple as just installing and SIGHUP the daemon ?

Also, if I do not have any messages in the spool, is it safe to delete the
spool and have the new daemon recreate it, so it can begin fresh, or is
there no real advantage in doing it (as far as reusing or not the hints db)
?

Thanks,
Marcelo.