Re: [Exim] 4.11 dbm lookups failing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dean Brooks
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] 4.11 dbm lookups failing
On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:17:13PM -0500, Dean Brooks wrote:

> Thought everything was running ok, until I realized that none of our
> virtual domains were working correctly. Turns out that 4.11 was
> treating our "dbm" lookups as "dbmnz". All our local dbm lookups were
> failing as a result.
>
> This is specific to 4.11. Reverting back to 4.10 made everything work
> fine again. I didn't see anything in the ChangeLog on making "dbm"
> types revert to "dbmnz" automatically, so I assume this is a bug of
> sorts. If so, watch out - it could be a doozy if you get hit by it.

Looking back on the exim list, I have confirmed that this is the same
bug reported by Nico Erfurth in regards to a bug in search_findtype()
in Exim 4.11.

After applying his patch, this problem was immediately fixed.

For anyone upgrading to 4.11, be *sure* to apply that patch or you
may find your dbm lookups broken.

Regards,

Dean Brooks
dean@???