Re: [Exim] multiple configuration file option broke included…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dean Brooks
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] multiple configuration file option broke included scripts
On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 10:10:09AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Now substitute CONFIGURE_FILE_USE_NODE with /etc/blah:/etc/foo
> > 05 will never hit. 11 will always fail.
>
> Thanks. I had a feeling that this change would bring trouble... Luckily,
> I don't think many people (any people?) use CONFIGURE_FILE_USE_NODE.

We definitely use it. We have a server farm of 5 servers handling
mail and they all share a common config file.

However, we specifically list the interface IP addresses from all the
systems that we want Exim to listen on. This would work great, except
that Exim complains (and exits) if it cant bind to every single
interface listed in local_interfaces. So, we cant run a single config
on every single system.

So, instead, we have the central configuration file, and then a
"config.nodename" (using CONFIGURE_FILE_USE_NOD) for each individual
server that contains:

local_interfaces = 127.0.0.1 : server.one.ip.address

.include /usr/local/exim/masterconfig

We have to specify local_interfaces (rather than binding to all)
because we run quite a few virtual IP addresses on each system that
we do not want answering for mail.

There may be another way to do this but haven't looked into it that far.

Regards,

Dean Brooks
dean@???