Re: [Exim] suffix related question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Drav Sloan
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] suffix related question
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Drav Sloan wrote:

> So basically you have two routers? One that DOES the work, and another
> that does the verification over smtp?

Yes, except that in many configurations, you can get away with just
putting no_verify on the redirect router, because your normal "accept
for local users" router will do the verification job if you allow it to
recognize prefixes and suffixes.

> Umm basically a friend used to have an exim 3 router that allowed him
> to set any joe random suffix to his username, and then he had a few
> rules in his forward file to handle the differing suffixes. It's just
> a question of trying to get the same behaviour with exim 4, and we've
> been going around in circles and getting more and more confused.

It should be exactly the same in that respect. Set it all up so that it
works locally, but put no_verify on the redirect router and make sure
you have the affix setting on both the redirect router AND on the
normal "local user" recognition router. Then

(1) When a message is being delivered, the forward file will be
recognized and the affix stuff will kick in.

(2) When an address is being verified, the redirect router won't be run
(so it won't fail), but the verification that the address exists will be
done by the local user router instead. That's why you need to recognize
affixes on that router too.