Re: [Exim] How to create MIME headers from a filter file's m…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to create MIME headers from a filter file's mail command?
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Marc Haber wrote:

> this e-mail from last saturday didn't get a single answer. Did it
> properly get out on the list, or did I miss any answers? The problem
> doesn't sound as if too exotic.

I thought it was a simple "headers add" question. That's why I didn't
answer it.

> >However, I am German, and I would like to use Umlauts in my autoreply.
> >To be able to do so, I'd need the following set of _headers_ inserted
> >into my autoreply:

> >How do I do this from my forward file?

But I see now that it isn't as simple.

> Any hints if that problem is addressable with exim 3?

I don't think you can do this in either Exim 3 or Exim 4 directly from
the .forward file. It is careful to check the data you supply.

I will add this to the Wish List. Meanwhile, the only solution would
somehow be to pick up these later messages in a router and do the header
insertion there.