Re: [Exim] suffix related question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Drav Sloan
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] suffix related question
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Drav Sloan wrote:

>    Simply all I want to do is be able to stick a suffix router
> in that allows me to use user-xxxx@???. I can get it all to
> work hunky dorey over locally injected mail, and also via -bt on
> the command line. But via SMTP I always get a 5xx from exim.

The difference is (I presume) that you are doing sender verification in
the SMTP case.

> When
> dropping the no_verify in the router to get it to take part in
> smtp verification I get huge amounts of errors related to exim having
> no perms and the old: "failure to transfer data from subprocess".

Sounds like you have something in the router that works when you run it
as root (which it will for a delivery or -bt) but does not work when it
runs as exim (which it will during verification). Since you don't post
the router, I can't help further...

> Bottom line, how do you simply allow suffix stuff to work over
> SMTP as opposed to just via local submittion on the command line?

I don't think this is a suffix issue.

> Is the no_verify the intentional way to make only certain routers
> work locally and not over SMTP (I can see why if this is the case).

no_verify is mostly used for that kind of thing, yes, but it is a
general feature that allows you to use different routers for
verification and delivery if you want to.

> --------> prefixeduser router <--------
> local_part=holborn-foo domain=domain.com
> stripped suffix -foo
> checking for local user
> calling prefixeduser router
> rda_interpret (file): $home/.forward
> expanded: /mud/vmud/holborn/.forward
> changed uid/gid: prefixeduser router (recipient is holborn-foo@???)
> uid=100 gid=100
> auxiliary group list: <none>

Aha! It won't be able to do that uid change when verifying as exim.

> exim[13373]: [ID 197553 mail.info] 2002-12-11 17:49:03 unable to set gid=100

or uid=100 (euid=25): prefixeduser router (recipient is
holborn-foo@???)

Yup, that's it.

What are you actually trying to achieve? Do you need to run that
redirect router while verifying? In many cases all that is needed is to
check that foo@??? is a valid local user, which you can do with a
router something like this:

check_prefix:
router = accept