[Exim] Buddy check

Author: Luke Pascoe
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Buddy check
I've been to the list with this before so I'll be brief about the setup:

I want to split mail from the many domains I administer into mailboxes that
don't neccessarily match the local_part of a message. eg.
webmaster@??? might go to the "user1" mailbox and
webmaster@??? might go to the "otheruser" mailbox. Also,
any_unknown_address@??? might go to "important_user" mailbox.

To specify what goes to what I have a file with email addresses and mailbox
names. Like this:
webmaster@???         user1
webmaster@???    otheruser
@domain.com                 important_user

Clear?

I've added the following routers to my exim(4.10) config file above the
system_aliases router:

virtual_user:
driver = redirect
data = ${lookup{$local_part\@$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/virtusertable}}
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

wildcard:
driver = redirect
data = ${lookup{\@$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/virtusertable}}
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

I've also added "domains = @" to my system aliases router to stop non-local
domains being aliased (that will be done by the above)

This seems to work fairly well on my testbed, the address gets translated
properly to a local mailbox name, which then get's aliased if
allowed/required and then delivered.

Could you make comments if I've got anything wrong? I can't afford to put
this live and have it die horribly.

A thousand thanks in advance!

Luke Pascoe
Systems administrator