To: 'Drav Sloan'
CC: exim-users
題目: RE: [Exim] Exim and addresses with a forward-slash (aka X.400)
I knew it was something obvious. Thanks. :)

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: exim-users-admin@??? [mailto:exim-users-admin@exim.org] On
Behalf Of Drav Sloan
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 10:20 AM
To: Rich, WhidbeyNet NOC
Cc: exim-users@???
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and addresses with a forward-slash (aka X.400)

Rich, WhidbeyNet NOC wrote:
> After migrating from Qmail to Exim, a customer complained that we no
> longer accept addresses with a forward-slash in them. Exim returns
> "550 Administrative Prohibition".

are you running 4.xx?

If so you may want to check this followin g section ya exim configure
file:

# Deny if the local part contains @ or % or / or | or !. These are
rarely
# found in genuine local parts, but are often tried by people looking
# circumvent relaying restrictions.

# Also deny if the local part starts with a dot. Empty components
aren't
# strictly legal in RFC 2822, but Exim allows them because this is
common.
# However, actually starting with a dot may cause trouble if the local
part
# is used as a file name (e.g. for a mailing list).

  deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.

(note / is one of the 'illegal' chars), does that solve the problem?

(I'm assuming this arised when your server is being used to relay for a
3rd party).

Regards

D.