[Exim] Re: Exim 3.36 and RBL

Author: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Exim 3.36 and RBL
"Exim List Account" <exim@???> writes:

> For the rbl_hosts, everything we've seen says to enclose multiple entries in
> quotes:
>
> rbl_hosts = "! 1.2.3.4/32 : ! 5.6.7.0/24 : \
>              ! net32-dbm;/etc/exim/db/whitelist.db : 0.0.0.0/0"

> This does not work for us, for some reason. However, removing the quotes:
>
> rbl_hosts = ! 1.2.3.4/32 : ! 5.6.7.0/24 : etc.
>
> works just fine. Not being one to question it if it allows us to use the
> filtering we want with the few exclusions we need, I'll take it.

Actually the Exim 3.x spec document (which is usually most current (and
detailed) documentation you can get for any version of Exim) says that
rbl_hosts are of type "Host lists" which contain patterns separated by colons.
It does not say to enclose in quotes and examples in spec doc do not show
quotes.

So looks like the way you did it in the end was correct.

Patrick