Re: [Exim] opinion on unconditional accept for postmaster

Author: Rejo Zenger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] opinion on unconditional accept for postmaster
++ 10/12/02 13:12 -0500 - James P. Roberts:
>> Personally I believe that mail addressed to postmaster *must* be
>> accepted and *must* be read. That's arguably a little too strict for
>> personal domains though.

[...]
>So far, I've just decided to live with it. But I can see where a larger

I have also decided to just live with it. All email to <postmaster> and
<abuse> is accepted and read for all of the domains I'm the
administrator of.

I think it's one duty, an administrator should be a Good Net-citizen and
comply with all standards. What can you expect from a domain that does
not read it's postmaster mailbox or have bogus information in their
whois.

>Would it violate the RFC to apply RBL blocking first, before accepting
>stuff for postmaster? Seems like that would block a lot of it, but

[...]

In my opinion, that would be a violation. IMHO.

And to be honest, I can sometimes even smile at those stupid spammers
that send there spam directly to <postmaster> or <abuse>.

--
Rejo Zenger <rejo@???>
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sister