RE: [Exim] Exim 3.36 and RBL

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Exim List Account
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exim 3.36 and RBL
"`/accept' allows RBL-type lookups to be used for `white lists' as well as
black lists. The message is accepted from a host that matches an `/accept'
item, and no further RBL domains are considered. Earlier `/warn' entries may
have already added warning headers."
(http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec.html from section 46.1)

The way we interpret that, it passes the mail through to the user even if
the host is listed in one of the other lists. This may be an error in
iterpretation on our part, but it seems reasonable to believe that there is
an inherent whitelisting function available, even for the negation generally
used in rbl_hosts.

Unfortunately, since the action appears to be inconsistent under v3.x, and
since the handful of whitelistings we were doing were for SPEWS-listed
sites, we've had to dump SPEWS from the filtering for the time being until
we can move all the boxes to v4 and use the better controls that seem to be
available (from what I've read thus far, there's more granularity under v4
than for v3, and we can return to using SPEWS at that time). Such is life.