Re: [Exim] Re: Example of legit email rejected by testing on…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
Para: patrick-dated-1040586360.81036a, exim-users, James P. Roberts
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Example of legit email rejected by testing on reverse IP lookup
On 8 Dec 2002, at 18:05, James P. Roberts wrote:
>>> It is a static IP block, of course.
>> Are you sure... your address 64.105.159.234 shows up in my tools as
>>belonging to one contiguous address range 64.105.0.0 - 64.105.255.255
>> which means it is most like part of an ISP's dynamic addresses.
>> Unlike someone booking a /24 to /29 Internet IP address range.
>> This puts you (along with a lot of people with DSL/cable connections)
>> in that 'twilight' zone of not really a 'business' class connection but maybe
>>still running a business on it!
> Absolutely sure it is static. However, it is a static block of 8 IPs
> from the large list controlled by Covad; and, they have so far failed
> to delegate the block to my authority, even though I am paying for it.
> I am permitted by the contract to run servers on this block.

The core of the problem is that
THERE IS NO ACCEPTED RULE THAT SAYS THAT IN A BLOC
SHULD BE ONLY STATIC OR ONLY DYNAMIC HOSTS !!!
So it is perfectly legitime to give a group of static addresses out of
a dynamic block. After all this would also simplify routing.
So, if one want to block DU it should do on actual addresses, not
on large blocks

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile