Re: [Exim] Example of legit email rejected by testing on rev…

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
To: James P. Roberts
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Example of legit email rejected by testing on reverse IP lookup
[ On Sunday, December 8, 2002 at 14:05:09 (-0500), James P. Roberts wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Example of legit email rejected by testing on reverse IP lookup
>
> I am coming over to the conclusion that it is in the general
> best-interest to convince ISPs to do static IP block delegation
> correctly, rather than trying to convince innumerable MTA installations
> to work around it. Thus, I am in the market for a new ISP that is
> technically competent.

Well, that depends. Ideally you want the reverse to be delegated only
to the ISP and some other trusted independent nameserver(s) -- that way
those of us looking at your DNS for consistency will have more trust in
it since obviously you and your ISP both agree on your hostname
assignments.

Practically speaking though you're right... it's best to get direct
control over your reverse DNS.

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>