Re: [Exim] Auth (login + pass) Exim 3.35

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Couraud Régis
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Auth (login + pass) Exim 3.35
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Couraud Régis wrote:

> I tried all that you have to give me but to identify does not work because my
> mails does not want this to relieve since an oulook customer who this places
> except the lan :- (

> I use shadow, have there you it(he) a different configuration ?

The process has to be root to use shadow passwords, but exim is careful
not to run as root when it is talking to the network, so exim can't use
shadow directly.

http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20010917/030371.html
and http://www.e-admin.de/pam_exim/
may help.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna