[Exim] helo_verify and recipients_reject_except

Página Inicial
Autor: Dermot Paikkos
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] helo_verify and recipients_reject_except
exim 3.16

Hi, I have introduced helo_verify into my conf file to try to cut down
on the amount of spam we receive. While checking the logs I noticed
a couple of legitimate senders had been rejected at the helo stage. I
had thought of introducing a recipients_reject_except list to allow
those sender that we know are legitimate but for whatever reason are
not able to send "correct" helo commands. However looking at the
docs it looks like the reject would happen too early for the
recipients_reject_except to come into effect.

Is that correct? Or would a exception list allow those senders though?
Is there some other way I can do this - allow some hosts domain to
by-pass the helo_reject. I am finding the helo_reject a powerful anti-
spam tool so I would like to keep it.

Or can I create a file to extend the current list instead of the single
entry I have below?
==== exim.conf snip ====
helo_verify = ! 234.232.237.128/25
Thanx.
Dp.
~~
Dermot Paikkos * dermot@???
Network Administrator @ Science Photo Library
Phone: 0207 432 1100 * Fax: 0207 286 8668