Re: [Exim] local_scan() addition: views sought

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc MERLIN
CC: Tabor J. Wells, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] local_scan() addition: views sought
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> 2) my request doesn't change the API, please go read it again.

I'm afraid it *does* change the API. When the return code is "accept",
it is defined that the value of the return string is placed in the
$local_scan_data variable, for use by routers and transports. I'm sure
people are using this.

That is why I was trying to think of some semi-compatible way of
splitting one string into two - part for $local_scan_data, and part for
the return message. But this cannot be done tidily.

Simply returning the string would be highly incompatible, and might
expose private data.