Re: [Exim] Input spool folder overrun

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nico Erfurth
Para: Klaus.Dreher
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Input spool folder overrun
Klaus.Dreher@??? wrote:
> My input spool folder (/var/spool/exim/input) fills up
> with a lot of data files (*-D) without any corresponding
> *-H or *-J files. The content of the *-D files is always
> the same. It looks like a retry.
> There are no corresponding messages in the logs with the
> same message id.
> I have switched on SMTP messages to the logs and I found
> (via time and content)a corresponding connect, nothing else.
> 2002-12-04 09:50:45 SMTP connection from [217.156.96.22] (TCP/IP
> connection count = 1)
> The system runs out of disk space and crashes.
> Any idea what happens and any idea why exim does not
> delete this files after terminating the connection?
>
> Coordinates: Exim 4.10 + Exiscan 4.10-16 + Solaris 8 Sparc

Sopmething like this mostly happens when the local_scan-function exits
exim abnormaly, exim-sa does this in previous versions, i don't know
about Exiscan.

You can savely delete the -D files, but to be on the safe side, only
delete the one, which are older than 10 minutes or so (maybe 1h).

A little perl-script could do the job :)

ciao