[Exim] Auth (login + pass) Exim 3.35

Author: couraud
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Auth (login + pass) Exim 3.35
Hello

I am proceeding Windows ( Mdaemon) under Linux has her(it) to migrate of a server.

Exim works without anybody concerns!

But now I would like to set up an authentification for user (Outlook, eudora) them which use the smtp and has to supply a login + password !

So in my exim.conf file I added this :

plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
server_condition = "${if crypteq{$2}{${extract{1}{:}{${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/exim/passwd}{$value}{*:*}}}}}{1}{0}}"
server_set_id = $1

Then I did this :

$ exim -bP authenticator_list
$ exim -bP authenticators
$ exim -bP authenticator plain

On the other hand I found no faq ( howtoo ) on the creation of the file /etc/exim/passwd

I tried well to linker with the passwd but all my attempt it are settled by an echec.

Towards or should to me go?

Later

PS : Please try to avoid complex word in your answer