Re: [Exim] 4XX messages from ACL

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4XX messages from ACL
At 9:04 +0000 2002/12/03, Philip Hazel wrote:

>In the next release of Exim there will be a "defer" verb that you can
>use in an ACL. The release should be out before the end of the year.

my only problem with this is that I do not want to check something
twice and I want to be able to either defer or reject from the same
rule.
In particular the

sender_domains = hotmail.com : yahoo.com : ...

would have to be repeated. I wonder, if the rhs is an expansion of a
string (I have to see the docs), will the check be cached? But still
that requires more processing than doing it once. Not that it
matters, just a question of economy.

Or perhaps I should just wait until when the new feature comes out and see..

Thanks

Giuliano

--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/