[Exim] More bother

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Luke Pascoe
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] More bother
I'm doing this all on my test/devel box before trying it on the live server,
this means an upgrade from exim 3.35 which was configured to transport mail
to Cyrus via Procmail as follows:

# Transport
local_delivery:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/bin/procmail -p /var/imap/procmail/procmail.global
CYRUSUSER=${local_part}"
return_path_add
return_output
prefix = ""
user = cyrus

I've transfered this to the new exim.conf with only one change, removal of
the "prefix" line which caused an error when running "exim -C exim.conf -bV"

Now email to local mailboxes gets spat back with the following:

> The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
>
> ------ pest@??? ------
>
> user.pest: Message contains invalid header
>
> ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

> Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:01:51 +1300
> From: root <root@???>
> To: pest@???
> Subject: test 16
>
> one six

Where exactly is the incorrect header? Any ideas how I fix this?

On a seperate note, just a gripe from a (l)user - The documentation in the
Makefile for v4 is very confusing regarding the location/name of the
configuration file. I read this:

> # CONFIGURE_FILE defines where Exim's run time configuration file is to be
> # found.

To mean "...defines _the directory_ where Exim's run time configuration file
is to be found" and the examples given seem to support this misconception:

> # Some common locations are in /etc or /etc/mail or /usr/local/etc
> # or /usr/local/etc/mail.

I initially set it to "/etc/exim" - make and make install didn't complain,
it copied configure.default to /etc/exim/configure.default. It took me ages
to figure out why it wasn't posting mail properly :-P

Thanks.

Luke Pascoe