Re: [Exim] Remove all frozen messages?

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: ajlewis2, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Remove all frozen messages?
ajlewis2@??? (Anita Lewis) writes:
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 12:40:10PM +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:
>> Is there a direct way to remove all frozen messages from the mail
>> queue (with Exim 3.33)? I mean, besides mailq + sed/awk/perl hacks.
>>
>> - Toralf
>>
>> --
>
> exim -qff

That would force a resend of the frozen mail - but would not remove the
cause why the message froze (which could well be something like a remote
mailserver refusing to accept MAIL FROM:<>, or something similar).

What's so hackish about

# exim -Mrm `mailq|grep frozen|cut -c 11-27`

    srs (yeah, that can be improved upon, but will do for starters)