Re: [Exim] spam assassin router - check if spamd is running?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Will Prater - quattro
A: John Horne
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] spam assassin router - check if spamd is running?
John,

On Sunday, December 1, 2002, at 03:37 PM, John Horne wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 05:50, Will Prater - quattro wrote:
>> No, there is nothing blocking spamc from communication to spamd.
>> Things
>> work great when spamd is running as "/usr/bin/spamd -d -u exim".
>> However, I can make this behavior happen by killing the spamd daemon.
>> Then it will not communicate, which makes sense,
>>
> No it doesn't make sense. I have stopped spamd on one of our mailhubs
> and sent a message through it from my home. The message was delivered
> fine. It was not, obviously, spam checked. However, the software
> detected that spamd was not running, as it should, and just let the
> message through. This is what should happen.

I still do not get these results. I have turned on debugging on exim as
I sent the test mail while the spamd was _not_ running.

> Do all messages get deferred or just the one(s) that are being
> processed
> when spamd is stopped? That, I would guess, would cause the 'smtp
> connection lost' error, but on the next queue run the message should be
> delivered (if spamc does its bit and detects that spamd is not there).

Only the incoming messages that are to be delivered get deferred.

I then try to manually run the queue and it claims the message is
frozen.

here is the output from exim with debugging on. Can anyone see why my
transports connection to spamc is causing errors when it is not
running? I see some error numbers "errno=-24 more_errno=70"

Thanks!

----
--------> spamcheck_router router <--------
local_part=jmp domain=blankdomain.net
checking "condition"
calling spamcheck_router router
spamcheck_router router called for jmp@???
domain = blankdomain.net
set transport spamcheck
queued for spamcheck transport: local_part = jmp
domain = blankdomain.net
errors_to=NULL
domain_data=NULL localpart_data=NULL
routed by spamcheck_router router
envelope to: jmp@???
transport: spamcheck

After routing:
   Local deliveries:
     jmp@???
   Remote deliveries:
   Failed addresses:
   Deferred addresses:
search_tidyup called
close MYSQL connection: localhost/email_db/mailadmin

--------> jmp@??? <--------
locking /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile
locked /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile
opened hints database /var/spool/exim/db/retry: flags=0
dbfn_read: key=T:jmp@???
no retry record exists
search_tidyup called
changed uid/gid: local delivery to jmp <jmp@???>
transport=spamcheck
uid=88 gid=88
auxiliary group list: 88
home=/tmp current=/tmp
set_process_info: 9447 delivering H6HGRM-0007AD-00 to jmp using
spamcheck
direct command:
argv[0] = /usr/bin/spamc
direct command after expansion:
argv[0] = /usr/bin/spamc
spamcheck transport entered
direct command:
argv[0] = /usr/exim/bin/exim
argv[1] = -oMr
argv[2] = spam-scanned
argv[3] = -bS
direct command after expansion:
argv[0] = /usr/exim/bin/exim
argv[1] = -oMr
argv[2] = spam-scanned
argv[3] = -bS
Writing message to pipe
writing data block fd=9 size=0 timeout=3600
writing data block fd=9 size=29 timeout=3600
writing data block fd=9 size=30 timeout=3600
writing data block fd=9 size=5 timeout=3600
set_process_info: 9449 reading output from |/usr/exim/bin/exim -oMr
spam-scanned -bS
process 9450 running as transport filter: write=10 read=11
process 9451 writing to transport filter
copying from the filter
writing data block fd=10 size=895 timeout=3600
waiting for filter process
filter process returned 70
waiting for writing process
end of filtering transport writing: yield=0
errno=-24 more_errno=70
search_tidyup called
spamcheck transport returned PANIC for jmp@???
post-process jmp@??? (9)
LOG: MAIN
<jmp@???>: spamcheck transport output: An error was
detected while processing a file of BSMTP input.
LOG: MAIN PANIC
== jmp@??? R=spamcheck_router T=spamcheck defer (-24):
Filter process failure
----