Re: [Exim] spam assassin router - check if spamd is running?

Página Inicial
Autor: John Horne
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] spam assassin router - check if spamd is running?
On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 05:50, Will Prater - quattro wrote:
> No, there is nothing blocking spamc from communication to spamd. Things
> work great when spamd is running as "/usr/bin/spamd -d -u exim".
> However, I can make this behavior happen by killing the spamd daemon.
> Then it will not communicate, which makes sense,

No it doesn't make sense. I have stopped spamd on one of our mailhubs
and sent a message through it from my home. The message was delivered
fine. It was not, obviously, spam checked. However, the software
detected that spamd was not running, as it should, and just let the
message through. This is what should happen.

> ----exim-mainlog
> 2002-11-29 21:44:36 SMTP connection from exim lost while reading
> message data (header)
> 2002-11-29 21:44:36 H6DJY9-0002SV-00 <datafirm@???>: spamcheck
> transport output: An error was detected while processing a file of
> BSMTP input.

This seems to be your problem.

> 2002-11-29 21:44:36 H6DJY9-0002SV-00 == datafirm@???
> R=spamcheck_router T=spamcheck defer (-24): Filter process failure

...and hence the message is deferred.

Do all messages get deferred or just the one(s) that are being processed
when spamd is stopped? That, I would guess, would cause the 'smtp
connection lost' error, but on the next queue run the message should be
delivered (if spamc does its bit and detects that spamd is not there).

John.

E-mail: J.Horne@???