Re: [Exim] Re: helpon open relay

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Jerry M. Howell II
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: helpon open relay
On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 05:24, Jerry M. Howell II wrote:
> Oh,
>
>    I think the fact that it acepts like 61 virtualhost's might be of imortance

For auth on exim - the exim FAQ / documentation at http://www.exim.org
will help you.

CPANEL users all have unix accounts right? And I believe the standard
exim config on CPANEL comes with both POP before SMTP and SMTP AUTH.

Did you edit your config beyond what came standard with the CPANEL
config?

You can test your host for relaying using the perl script at
http://www.monkeys.com/mrt/ (from a non trusted IP - say an ISP's dialup
account or something similar)

Or you can telnet to relay-test.mail-abuse.org from your host for a
slightly less thorough check for relaying.

    srs