[Exim] Frozen in queue [was Re: Relay mail on network]

Author: Anita Lewis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Frozen in queue [was Re: Relay mail on network]
Ok, I'm back again like a bad penny! I had two messages in the queue and
they looked fine. Then I wrote this one and it went there fine, but I got
messages that the other two were frozen. They didn't get sent soon enough
and got frozen. Back to 'man exim' and I discovered 'qff' which thawed them
and off they went.

I would like to prevent the freezing if possible, although I can live with
just running exim -qff when I go online. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks,
Anita

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 09:35:19PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> www.hserus.net/exim.html

Thanks, this link did the trick. Things I changed:

Add To Main section:

primary_host = sidekick
qualify_recipients = sidekick
queue_remote_domains = ! localhost

In Routers Section changed the word 'smarthost' below to 'route_append' and
used 'byname' instead of 'bydns_a'

> > smarthost:
> > driver = domainlist
> > transport = remote_smtp
> > route_list = "* mailhost.intac.com byname"

Now outgoing mail stays nicely in the queue on sidekick. And mail to
ajlewis2 on sidekick gets sent and delivered at lightning speed. I am now
going to send this to the queue and then go online and see if it gets sent
out. I'm sure it will. Thanks again. I very much appreciate your patience,
Suresh.