Re: [Exim] Relay mail on network

Author: Anita Lewis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay mail on network
On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 05:12:55PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> ajlewis2@??? (Anita Lewis) writes:
> > The problem remains that on sidekick when I am offline it takes
> > approximately 30 seconds for mail to go from mutt into the queue. It
> > also takes about 30 seconds for the command 'mailq' to execute and
> > this is as root if I am offline. It executes immediately when I am
> > online.
>
> Two things possible - dns / rdns lookup problem (which you can solve by
> turning off lookups on hosts ...) or identd.
>
>     srs

Thanks again! I commented out the lookup for hosts in exim.conf on
sidekick. That did not get rid of the sluggishness. What might be the
problem with identd. I assume you mean that I need to change something on
sidekick regarding this daemon.

I'm curious what this line in exim.conf does:
route_list = "* mailhost.intac.com bydns_a"

I see the 'bydns' there and wonder if that is what causes this problem.

--
Anita
GnuPG key: 1024D/9EDAC910