Re: [Exim] Relay mail on network

Author: Anita Lewis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay mail on network
On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 09:04:01AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> ajlewis2@??? (Anita Lewis) writes:
> > online, but I get very sluggish mail sending and delivery when I am
> > offline. I notice that when I send a message on sidekick to a local
> > address (root or ajlewis2), it comes in addressed to root@littleone.
> > I have a feeling that I need to change something else in the
>
> > qualify_domain = littleone
> > local_domains = localhost:littleone
>
> Here you are.
>
> > *@littleone    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
> > {$value}fail} bcfrF

> and this one.
>
>     srs

Thanks Suresh. I changed those all to sidekick and restarted exim. The
system works exactly as before except that local mail now has @sidekick on
it instead of @littleone and I can see the transfer from sidekick in the
incoming headers when I send to to my email address.

The problem remains that on sidekick when I am offline it takes
approximately 30 seconds for mail to go from mutt into the queue. It also
takes about 30 seconds for the command 'mailq' to execute and this is as
root if I am offline. It executes immediately when I am online.

When I am on littleone and offline, mail goes from mutt to the queue
immediately and mailq works as it should.

What could be causing the mail to wait 30 seconds before going to the queue?

Thank you.
Anita