Re: [Exim] Checking Quotas at SMTP time

Author: michael
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Checking Quotas at SMTP time
> use a redirect-router and return :defer: if the quota is reached, ohh and
> enable receiver verification :)

Just be aware to only do so within your own system. If you don't have
the storage, you should not borrow it from foreign outgoing queues.

A fairly large provider has been doing so, or possibly still does.
When I noticed that they borrow space from my queues, I decreased the
retry interval to a pretty short time. Usually, I retry up to 7 days,
because that's a very reasonable interval to bring a broken link or MX
back up. That's what outgoing queues are meant for.

Michael