Re: [Exim] using !!Outlook!! with exim

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Keith Robinson
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] using !!Outlook!! with exim
On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 07:51:04PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> keith@??? (Keith Robinson) writes:
> > their local hosts (I only want to relay for authorised domains, but
> > putting, for instance, host_accept_relay = foo.com (with foo.com
> > being a local domain) doesn't work).
>
> That will immediately make you an open relay.
>
> Configure SMTP AUTH - and have your mom set up outlook to AUTH before
> sending out mail. Outlook does AUTH and TLS quite well ...
>
 >     srs

Hi,

I was hoping there was an easier method than this. Oh well. I've configured exim authentication, but when I try to send, outlook rejects with an error. My syslog reads:

Nov 28 14:56:36 harvey stunnel[18841]: Connection closed: 20013 bytes sent to SSL, 388 bytes sent to socket
Nov 28 14:56:37 harvey imapd[18842]: Logout user=abc host=localhost [127.0.0.1]

I've added he following lines to my exim.conf:

[ to transport section ]
remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
authenticate hosts = mail.example.com

[ to authentication section ]

fixed_login:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = LOGIN
    client_send =: xxx : 1234

fixed_plain:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = PLAIN
    client_send = ^xxx^1234

I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the username and password has nothing to do with the users linux account and is basically just saying "if you know the password, we'll trust you and forward your mail." I know I can make it more account specific, but for the moment I just want something that works.

Again, thanks for any help in advance.

--
Keith Robinson