[Exim] POP 3 error

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jason Dale
Para: Exim Users
Asunto: [Exim] POP 3 error
Hi ,

I really apologize for sending so many requests in the last week , but I really
am having so many hassles just trying to get basic email to work , and I
am not that expert when it comes to networking and email stuff.

I have set up Exim on my machine using an RPM , and Everything installed
fine and the daemons are up and running.

However , when I set up an account on my Outlook express for the same
username and password combination that I used for an account I created
on my RH 8 server , I get the following error when I click 'send/receive' :

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: '209.212.104.75', Server:
'209.212.104.75', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

Any ideas on what could be causing this ?

As a side line request , is there a command I can run on the command line
to completely remove any existence of a firewall ?

Regards , Jason