Re: [Exim] Fw: Exim-3.36 rpm

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Jason Dale
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fw: Exim-3.36 rpm
Jason Dale wrote:
> Hi :
>
> In recent reflection , I decided that perhaps it will be better if I install
> Exim 3.36 on my Red Hat 8 system instead of 4.10. The reason being is that
> 3.36 will be compatible with my original exim-3.13-1 configuration files.

Bad decision, AFAIK exim3 will not be developed anymore, because the
exim4 tree is too different. If you are going to upgrade, you should go
with exim4 now.

> Does anyone know where I can find an rpm for Exim 3.36 ? I looked on the
> exim website , but couldn't find anything.

If you really want, you could take this, and modify the .spec file a
little bit, to use a newer source-tree
/pub/rpms-for-exim/SRPMS/exim-3.35-1.rh7x.src.rpm

ciao