Re[2]: [Exim] retry db owned by root

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re[2]: [Exim] retry db owned by root
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:25:47 +0000 (GMT) Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>
> > well yes . . . I have just found out that we indeed have one box
> > running OpenBSD 3.2 and exim 4.10. Just checked and the retry-db is
> > own by the exim.exim user - so no problem here, BUT there is a note
> > about "fixed permission problems" in the configfile. No idea what the
> > problem was or who fixed it :-)

> Maybe they hit this error and just fixed it by changing the ownership?

i'd somehow missed this thread, but it got my attention suddenly.

i have exim 4.x running on a number of openbsd 3.0 and 3.1 boxes without
difficulties. i have exim 4.10 built on a 3.2 box in the basement, but
hadn't actually gotten around to testing the installation yet.

after seeing these email messages, i tried testing exim out on the 3.2
box. i'm getting _very_ funky results, seemingly having to do with
permissions. my research is continuing.

more later,
  richard
--