[Exim] need advice : queue runners

Author: Vranckx Patrick
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] need advice : queue runners
Hi,

I'm testing Exim in order to replace our sendmail based mail server.

My question is about the best way to check mails for viruses.

This is what we I would like to implement (maybe it's not a good idea
?). I would like to give different priorities depending on the size of
mail : the small ones are checked in priority.

If the mails are checked on an other machine, it's quite easy : I can run
two exim daemons on this machine : the small mails are send to one daemon
with for example a limit a 5 queue runners, and the big ones on an other
with only 1 queue runner.

But how can I do if the mails are to be checked on the same machine ? I
could do the same as in the former case by sending through smtp the
mails to different daemons running on the same host. This implies that
the mails are spooled a second time (and the tests I've made show that it
is heavy in term of disk writes). Is it possible to spool in different
directories based on the size and running two sets of queue runners ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Patrick

VRANCKX Patrick vranckx@???
Service d'Informatique Administrative - SIA
Universite Catholique de Louvain - UCL
+32 10 47 38 70