Re: [Exim] retry db owned by root

Página Inicial
Autor: Kirill Miazine
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] retry db owned by root
* Stefan Kaltenbrunner [2002-11-26 22:49]:
> >But I don't know why the creation fails. I don't know what
> >"Inappropriate file type of format" means. That errno doesn't seem to
> >exist on Solaris or Linux. Can you take a look on your system to see if
> >you can find out what exactly it means? The errnos are usually listed if
> >you run "man -2 intro" or "man -S 2 intro".
>
> I have only exim 3 experience on openbsd (3.1 and 3.2) and I have never
> seen this kind of problem.

I've been using Exim 4 on OpenBSD since one year ago (hey, Exim 4 is one
year! Congrats!) and I only noticed the discussed problem some days ago,
when I installed Exim on an old box previously running qmail.

> But anyway it seems the original poster seems to use OpenBSD - so "man 2
> intro" on my OpenBSD 3.2-current shows:
>
> 79 EFTYPE Inappropriate file type or format. The file contains invalid
>              data or set to invalid modes.

The retry db file is empty. Could that be the reason for EFTYPE error?

--
Kirill Miazine, Stud.Jur.                               mailto:sig@krot.org
Faculty of Law, University of Oslo                      http://km.krot.org/