Re: [Exim] Problem with aliases and directors

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: William Thompson
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Problem with aliases and directors
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, William Thompson wrote:

> vcheck:
>         driver = smartuser
>         local_parts = !root : !wt

<snip>

> in /etc/exim/aliases, I have:
>
> root: wt
>
> Here's the problem. I don't want this to run if I send an email to root.

Does that director come before or after the system_aliases director?

> with !root removed:
> # exim -bt root
> root@???
> deliver to root in domain cd2.electro-mechanical.com
> director = vcheck, transport = vscan

It runs that director. As expected. And I deduce that your aliasing
director comes afterwards.

> with !wt removed:
> # exim -bt root
> wt@???
>     <-- root@???
>   deliver to wt in domain cd2.electro-mechanical.com
>   director = vcheck, transport = vscan

vcheck didn't run, because of !root. Then root was aliased to wt. When
wt was processed, the director did run.

> with neither removed:
> # exim -bt root
> wt@???
>     <-- root@???
>   deliver to wt in domain cd2.electro-mechanical.com
>   director = localuser, transport = local_delivery

This time it ran neither for root nor for wt. All entirely as it should.

What you perhaps want is for that director to be skipped for addresses
created by aliasing. There's an option that you can set which tells Exim
which director to start with after an aliasing operation. I think it was
called new_director in Exim 3 (but I'm fast forgetting Exim 3). You
could use that to avoid running vcheck on wt when it is aliased from
root.