Re: [Exim] Installing 4.10

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Installing 4.10

                                                              ^

> Created Local directory ( \tmp\Local ) and then copied, renamed and

                            ^   ^

> modified (only changed EXIM_USER = root) then ran make. That went OK.
> When I run make install I get an error "\tmp\exim-4.10\build-Linux-i386\exim

                                          ^   ^         ^                ^

> does not exist or is empty. Most of that does exist but not a file or
> directory named exim.
> Have I missed some vital step ?
> Running on Redhat 7.2

As well as forgetting to uninstall Windows first, this is a perfect example
of how not to do a build and install. The Local/Makefile mentioned goes as
a subpath of the unpacked exim-4.10 directory (so /tmp/Local is definitely
not the right place for it). I'm not convinced that your make did go OK if
there is no exim binary, though.

A couple of points, please can you
a) wrap your lines at ~76 chars, or use a sensible content-type
b) note that directory separators are not '\\' but '/'

MBM