Re: [Exim] Replacing Sendmail with Exim 4.10 on Red Hat 8

Author: Patrick Boutilier
To: Jason Dale
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Replacing Sendmail with Exim 4.10 on Red Hat 8
Jason,

I used this that I found in the archives.

# misc commands to test and activate .... man alternatives is your friend
# alternatives --display mta
#
# alternatives --set mta /usr/exim/bin/exim

/usr/sbin/alternatives --install /usr/sbin/sendmail mta
/usr/local/exim/bin/exim 90 \
--slave /usr/bin/mailq mta-mailq /usr/local/exim/bin/exim \
--slave /usr/bin/newaliases mta-newaliases /usr/bin/newaliases.sendmail \
--slave /usr/bin/rmail mta-rmail /usr/local/exim/bin/exim \
--slave /usr/share/man/man1/mailq.1.gz mta-mailqman
/usr/share/man/man1/mailq.sendmail.1.gz \
--slave /usr/share/man/man1/newaliases.1.gz mta-newaliasesman
/usr/share/man/man1/newaliases.sendmail.1.gz \
--slave /usr/share/man/man5/aliases.5.gz mta-aliasesman
/usr/share/man/man5/aliases.sendmail.5.gz \
--initscript exim

After running the above run:

alternatives --config mta