Re[2]: [Exim] $return_path problem

Autor: Alexei V. Alexandrov
A: exim-users-admin, Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re[2]: [Exim] $return_path problem
Hello Suresh,

SR> *[Alexei V. Alexandrov on Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 05:10:54PM +0300]:
>> when i inject mail into exim`s queue with a command like this:
>> exim -odqs -f smth@??? -bm address@???
>> and run exim -q i can not see that the Return-path header contains
>> what i want. It contains the smth@???. And even if i try to
>> send a message using SMTP still no luck. Any help will be great

SR> Why not wire something like mailman (or even, with a little hacking,
SR> qmail's ezmlm) into your Exim? Both mailman 2.1bX (cvs versions) and
SR> Majordomo 2 do Verp - and ezmlm has done it since quite some time.

Well now i got the problem - it was me. Actually as i get it right if
i send messages from command line exim takes the return-path from -f
switch so if i send mail from command like this:

exim -odqs -f bounce-address%will.bounce.com@??? -bm address@???

And then write a normal message with all headers and also with the
From header everything is fine the return-path is set to what i want
and From header is ok too.

---
Best regards,