[Exim] Exim-4.10 on Red Hat Linux 8

Autor: Jason Dale
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: [Exim] Exim-4.10 on Red Hat Linux 8
Hi :

I have just installed Red Hat 8.0 on my P4 system , and I am trying to install
Exim 4.10 from a tarball. I followed all of the installation instructions given with
the tarball , but when I type the 'make' command , I get the following error message :

grep: /usr/lib/libc.so: No such file or directory

>>> Creating links to source files...

grep: /usr/lib/libc.so: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/lib/libc.so: No such file or directory
>>> New Makefile installed
>>> Use "make makefile" if you need to force rebuilding of the makefile

grep: /usr/lib/libc.so: No such file or directory
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/install/exim-4.10/build-Linux-i386'
/bin/sh ../scripts/Configure-os.h
grep: /usr/lib/libc.so: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/include/linux/ip.h: No such file or directory
/bin/sh ../scripts/Configure-os.c
grep: /usr/lib/libc.so: No such file or directory
gcc -O -I/usr/local/include -o buildconfig buildconfig.c -lnsl -lcrypt
make[1]: gcc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [buildconfig] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/install/exim-4.10/build-Linux-i386'
make: *** [go] Error 2

I assume this problem is happening because I don't have the /usr/lib/libc.so file.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this problem ? what package do I need to
install to install this file on the system , and what do I need to do once I have doe this ?
can I run the 'make' command again without picking up any problems ?

Regards , Jason