Re: [Exim] Message is sent on every queue run, but is not in…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Stian Grytoyr
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Message is sent on every queue run, but is not in queue!
On 25 Nov 2002, Stian Grytoyr wrote:

> I have this strange problem, where one particular mail is
> sent again and again, for every queue run, even though it
> does not exist in the spool directory.

> Lots of these (with slightly modified addresses):
>
>    2002-11-25 14:58:52 18GJlC-00030j-00 <= Knut.Lastname@??? H=naos (naos.nr.no) [156.116.2.94] P=esmtp S=5419 id=3DDE5404.40DBD3E2@???
>    2002-11-25 14:58:53 18GJlC-00030j-00 => torborg.lastname@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=pat.uio.no [129.240.130.16]
>    2002-11-25 14:58:53 18GJlC-00030j-00 Completed

That shows that you are *receiving* lots of copies of the message, and
then delivering them. The problem is therefore with whatever is sending
the message, not with Exim. And it doesn't look as if it's anything to
do with a queue run.

Find out how the sender is sending these messages. There was a version
of Mulberry that would do this when it ran out of disc space at a
critical time.