Re: [Exim] Interscan Viruswall and MTA SSL (STARTTLS)

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Kevin Sindhu
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Interscan Viruswall and MTA SSL (STARTTLS)
On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:41:29AM -0800,
Kevin Sindhu <kevin.sindhu@???> is thought to have said:

> I give up. Literally. I hate computers and everything that comes with it.
> Anyway, now that I've ranted enough let me describe the network and the
> problem:
>
> Network Setup:
>
> 1) Internet Mail---> [Firewall'd DMZ]--> Interscan Viruswall ----> forwards
> mail to main MTA (Hub)
>
> 2) Main MTA---> Distribute within network/domains/other MTA's.
>
> Problem:
>
> Now, I've found out that if the main MTA advertises itself that it can do
> SSL, viruswall craps out (as it cannot do real time checks for viruses with
> such mail) and the mail is never sent to the main MTA. However, normal mail
> (without STARTTLS) works fine.
>
> Question:
>
> Is there a way that I can run SSL'd MTA via viruswall without having it
> bitch or scream about not being able to encrypt the current session. My
> guess is not....Any ideas? Comments?

Isn't that a question better posed to the makers of Interscan Viruswall?

In any case, I suppose you could work around it by putting another exim
server which is STARTTLS capable in front of the Viruswall box and have it do
nothing but accept mail and punt it to the Viruswall box.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality