Re: [Exim] question regarding maildir and mailbox...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mikel King
Para: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] question regarding maildir and mailbox...
Nico Erfurth wrote:

> Mikel King wrote:
>
>>    I just have a couple of hopefully quick questions...My konundrum is
>> that I have been tasked to develope my ISP's new email server platform,
>> and well I am seriously leaning in exim's direction.

> Good decision
>
>>    1. Is it possible to define on a case by case basis the method of
>> storage for a perticular user (email addy)?

> If you mean something like
>
> user1@yourdomain -> /some/maildir/folder/
> user2@yourdomain -> /some/mailbox
>
> Yes!
>
>>    2. Does it work with the builtin vacation (you know the .forward,
>> .vacation.db & .vacation.msg)?

> What you mean?
> Exim has a built-in vacation (autoreply) transport.

    Well for our current system I have a wrapper I've written to make
using the builtin freebsd one easier to use. Unfourtunately for me most
of my NOC engineers are mostly windiots...and well the command line
confuses their little brains rather quickly. In addition I built the
wrapper for use with cron so that I can preprogram a client's vacation
autoresponder and well to be cliche 'I just set it and forget it'. My
next move was going to make the wrapper web enabled thus simplifying
things even more and bring it to a level that my windiots can
understand:: mouse clicks.

    If I have to modify the thing ok but if not then even better.

--
Cheers,
Mikel King

You may like them. You will see. You may
like them in a tree.
http://www.OpenOffice.org
http://www.Mozilla.org