Re: [Exim] question regarding maildir and mailbox...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Colm MacCarthaigh
To: Mikel King
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] question regarding maildir and mailbox...
On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 10:48:00AM -0500, Mikel King wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
>    I just have a couple of hopefully quick questions...My konundrum is
> that I have been tasked to develope my ISP's new email server platform,
> and well I am seriously leaning in exim's direction.

>    1. Is it possible to define on a case by case basis the method of
> storage for a perticular user (email addy)?

yep, but that's very inefficient :) Better off using general rules
as much as possible.

>    2. Does it work with the builtin vacation (you know the .forward,
> .vacation.db & .vacation.msg)?

Yep, if you configure it to.

>    3. Is it possible to store (well anythin is possible but has anyone
> done it already...) the entirety of exim config in a     mysql db? I
> shall ellaborate: I want to be able to store domain names, email
> addresses w/ user profile,
>    virtusertable/aliases et cettera in the db.

You can store those specific things, but not the entirety of the config
(ie you still need an exim.conf somewhere).

>    4. (last question) has anyone ever converted from passwd file to
> mysql  while maintaining the users' current passwords?

done it with PostGreSQL, but never MySQL. The only reason I can think of
why you'd want exim to know users passwords is if you're implementing
authenticated SMTP. If you're doing that you should be able to make
it work, depending on the hash used by your Operating System for passwd
files.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh