RE: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
Aan: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)
On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 18:17, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:
> Philip,
>
>     Using just the log files, I would get one reject in the mainlog and
> one in the rejectlog files.

>     Using syslog, I would get one reject in the reject log and 2 rejects
> in the mainlog.

You are probably putting your reject items into the main log as well -
remember syslog levels are inclusive (ie mail.info includes all higher
levels, so a mail.notice message will be caught by a mail.info
descriptor).

Test this by doing
    logger -p mail.notice test

and seeing which logs it goes into.

If thats your problem you probably need to change the selector for the
main log to mail=info (or your system's version of it).

    Nigel.