RE: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)

Página Inicial
Autor: Patrice Fournier
Para: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: exim-users, Christopher Bodenstein, Philip Hazel
Assunto: RE: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)
Quoting Jeffrey Wheat <jeff@???>:

> Ok, so if I understand this correctly, I have to do something like
> this:
>
> mail.info;local4.none                        /var/log/maillog
> mail.notice;local4.none                    /var/log/maillog_rejects
> mail.alert;mail.err;mail.crit;local4.none  /var/log/maillog_errors

> Which of doesn't work. I now have a new file maillog_rejects with a
> single reject notice in there, and duplicates in the maillog file for
> a a total of 3 messages for each rejection. This is just consuming
> diskspace as well as increased disk i/o. I tried a combination of
> things like mail.info;!mail.notice which resulted in all mail systems
> stopping logging. Is this something I will have to hack in the code
> to get the desired results, or am I simply missing something here?

Not all syslog have the same configurability and you didn't tell us your OS
so this may or may not work.

Some syslog versions permit you to use the = sign to log only messages at
the exact level instead of the minimum level shown:

mail.=info                /var/log/maillog
mail.=notice              /var/log/maillog_rejects
mail.=alert               /var/log/maillog_errors

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???