Re: [Exim] bug: ACLs in files

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Christopher Bodenstein
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] bug: ACLs in files
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Christopher Bodenstein wrote:

> 2002-11-19 18:52:23 internal ACL error: uknown verb 825111348

                                          ^^^^^^
The typo is easy to fix. :-)

This error indicates that there has been some overwriting of memory.
Those are always the hardest kinds of bug to find.

> Any idea what could cause this or how I could trace it to get more debug
> info?

Running with debugging turned on may provide something useful, and then
again it may not.

> Here is my specific ACL file:

I will see how much I can test that, but I won't be able to include the
LDAP calls, and without the actual messages that provoke the error, it
may prove hard.

> OTOH, I was just wondering what may happen to the messages raising that
> error?

They should remain on the sending host and be retried at a later time.
However, if the problem is message-specific, the retries will presumably
also fail in the same way.