Re: [Exim] geographically diverse mail servers, all the same…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Martijn Grendelman
A: Alexander Koch, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] geographically diverse mail servers, all the same domain
Hi Alexander,

> Please confirm I should have this router, i.e., the domain
> is not in the $local_domains, handle it and condition it on
> the local parts with some funny lookups. I do not really
> know where to start.
>
> Is not there something that makes routers reference directors?
> Anyone? All the Exchange servers know our email addresses, this
> is all done, no problem at all. I just need to route everything
> off my box which does not match.
>
> Still clueless, sort of.

I am sorry, I seem to have ignored the fact that you're running Exim 3. In
Exim 3, it's a router that takes care of remote addresses and a director
that takes care of local ones. Now, I wouldn't really know how to solve this
problem in Exim 3, since in this case, an address can be either local or
remote, depending on the local part. Maybe someone else on the list can
help?

To route messages to a remote server in Exim 3:

smart_route:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* your.exchange.server"

However, I don't know how to make this router conditional.

Reading on just a bit further in the Exim 3 spec, I stumbled across the
'smartuser' director (chapter 26). The docs say: "...so specific instances
can be used for [...] specific local parts, or any other generic condition".
There must be an answer for you somewhere in there, but I'm afraid I don't
have it at present....

Good luck,
Martijn.